- Maryland resident, born and raised
- After 6 months of begging management, started working at favorite pizza joint on 16th birthday (mostly to eat more pizza) which spawned passion for food service.
- Degree in Organizational Leadership while working at the West Virginia Brewing Co.
- Studied international business while living in Italy for a summer
- First management job as Catering and Events Manager for multiple steak house locations in Washington, DC area. Loved participating in annual fundraisers for the Washington Zoo, Zoofari. Helped grow events program, trained events managers and hosted both social and corporate functions.
- Passion for hosting events, creating memorable experiences and working with food
After working as National Events Manager, decided to apply for a Holiday and Work visa in Australia while backpacking parts of the world. Worked on a rescue farm taking care of 89 animals and cooking for the staff. Also worked on a restaurant cruise ship touring the Sydney Harbor
- Spent time backing packing in Bali, Thailand, New Zealand and Australia eating and soaking in the culture
- In spare time, enjoys hiking with puppy, pickling vegetables and cooking for friends
- B.A. in Anthropology from University of Maryland.
- L’Academie de Cuisine (2004) Fundamental Culinary Techniques.
- First job: Line Cook, Black Market Bistro (Garret Park, MD)
- First Sous Chef position: Brewers Alley (Frederick, MD)
- First Executive Chef position: Isabella’s Taverna and Tapas Bar (Frederick, MD) .
- Most Recent Chef Position: Level One (Washington, DC)
Awards While Executive Chef for Level One (Washington DC)
- Best Chef “The Washington Blade: Best of 2013”
- Best Chef (Runner-Up) “The Washington Post Express: Best of 2013”
- Best Brunch Level One “The Washington Blade: Best of 2013”
- Best Brunch (Runner-Up) Level One “The Washington Post Express: Best of 2013”
- Best Brunch Level One “Open Table’s Top 100 Best Brunch in America 2014 Diner’s Choice”
- Most of childhood spent on family farm in Washington County.
- Current Frederick County resident (12 years)
- Influenced by the comfort food/recipes of mother and both grandmothers. Their food instilled an appreciation, love and deep connection with cooking.
- Strives to create that sense of “coming home” in cooking/dishes.
- Puts twist on the classics but still allowing the ingredients to shine on their own.
- Emphasis on “Farm to Fork” and sustainable food.
- Create sense of community and to support local farmers and businesses.
Started career at Lansdowne Resort outside of Leesburg VA, study patisserie under former Pastry Chef Jaime Ream. Initiated and developed the resorts Bread Program supplying specialty breads for various dining outlets.
Pastry/ Baker for the W Hotel and J&G Steakhouse in Washington D.C. part of Jean George Vongerichten’s restaurant family.
Pastry Chef for Patowmack Farm Restaurant in Lovettesville, VA. Developed dynamic seasonal desserts and pastries for the fine dining restaurant on the premesis of the farm using almost exclusively ingredients harvested from the farm and foraged on the property. Learned modern food technique from former Executive Chef Christopher Edwards. Received joint spot light in the Washington Post Spring Dining Guide 2013. It was here where a passion for local and foraged cuisine was developed.
Sous Chef/ Baker for Fountain Rock Restaurant Group in Frederick, MD. Developed bread programs and pastries for 3 restaurants, assisted with recipe development for new restaurant concepts and brought modern presentation techniques for Acacia Bistro and Ayse Meze Lounge.
Worked with Chef Joseph Watters of L‘Auberge Provencale Inn and Restaurant further completing education in modern cooking techniques in baking and pastry, chocolate work, laminated doughs, and specialty cakes, and how they apply to time and place in local cuisine